Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Live Free

Sometimes life breaks your heart. No matter how much you agree with the situation, or even if you would have chosen the same route had you been given the choice, you feel like you've been betrayed. If only you could see the world day by day instead of dwelling on what's to come.

I've always said my goal in life has been to "live free". Seriously who does that anyway? It seems nearly impossible in the normal life we lead.
Sometimes I feel like people may see me as a hypocrite because I put so much emphasis on living free, yet I have a hard time letting things go, and not caring. But yesterday I decided to take a new look at what It even means to say you want to "live free".
To me, it just means to be completely true to yourself, and do what feels best to you. Whatever that may be in that particular time of your life. It doesn't mean quit your job, ditch your boyfriend/husband, and sell all of your possessions because they were tying you down. Well to some people it might. Or at some point it might to you. But generally speaking, it doesn't have to mean, "go off and live like a hippie". You don't have to be careless, and unemotional to be free. Freedom is whatever you want it to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment