Friday, July 27, 2012

Happy 24th!



The morning of the 24th of July, which is Utah's Pioneer Day Celebration, a big holiday for Utahan's; we met Derek's family at Ruth's Diner in Immigration Canyon. Breakfast at Ruth's is so much fun! They have a beautiful patio and amazing food. The biscuits and jam, Oh my gosh! Of course, I had to leave from there to work, because that's what I do: Love working holidays! 
Getting out of the city was nearly impossible. There were marathons and parades being set up everywhere. So they block off all sorts of roads, basically blocking you into the city. It took me 40 minutes just to get to the freeway entrance, which is usually just a 5 min drive. Needless to say I was very late to work. 



After work, Shirley and Shara came back down to go to Liberty Park and watch the fireworks with us. Liberty was crazy crowded! Surprisingly it wasn't exactly the type of crowd you would expect to see at a Pioneer Day celebration. That's all I will say about that. 
We had a ton of fun though. Lots of vendors and yummy food. Derek bought a pretty, lacy shirt for Shara and a cute little dream catcher for me. I'm going to hang it from my mirror in Sadie. 
This was Tundra's first firework show, and he did very well. No freaking out. 
So we ate popcorn, watched the mediocre firework show, and walked home. It was a nice evening. 

Derek's grizzly beard






No comments:

Post a Comment