Thursday, March 28, 2013

Go Grizzlies!!


Back in November, Derek and I went to our first Hockey game here in SLC. Although the Grizzlies are more known for how much they suck, it was really fun to watch them play. Hockey is actually much more fun to watch than most sports, in my opinion. There is a lot of action and violence. The best part was that we went with my darling, little Kris. Over lunch one day, I mentioned that I got these tickets to a Grizzlies game and we need two more people. It was then that I learned of her dying love for hockey. It's always more fun to go to a game with someone who is passionate about it. Not to mention our mutual love of cinnamon almonds. It's kind of our tradition, to get the biggest bag we can find, and eat them in one sitting. No sharing with others of course.
She brought another Derek with her which was fantastic because it officially made us Team Kris&Kris with a side of Team Derek&Derek. Kind of made my night.
Since we had a little to drink before the game, we rode TRAX there. That is one of the farthest places we have taken TRAX before. It actually made the night much more interesting. As I’m sure I’ve mentioned before, Derek and I love public transpo. After the game we had a bite to eat at this little pub called "Bout' Time" and headed back to the TRAX station. Which is where we discovered that we had missed the last train of the night. So we stood out in the cold waiting for our taxi with a couple girls that could not have been over 15 years old. I hated leaving them there because they couldn't find a way home, and they were so young.



While waiting for TRAX we discovered that the brand new Trader Joe's was having their grand opening. So we stopped in... with every else and their dog!! It was wall to wall people. Crazies!




About half way home, our taxi driver decided to turn our taxi into a night club. Yep he had strobe lights strung all around the roof, and the music bumpin'. It was pretty awesome.

 


And that pretty much made for a night....

No comments:

Post a Comment