Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's Alright Ma


One of my new goals in life is to focus on finding the unexpected treasure that comes out of a disappointing situation. I'm really starting to believe that it's all in the way you look at things, even though I personally am  terrible at "looking at the brightside". It actually makes me mad when people say that to me. I tend to get really upset when I have my heart set on something and it doesnt work out. But it's becoming clear to me that most of the time, you can enjoy the result no matter what. All you have to do is choose to enjoy it.
Snow in May would usually be considered a major disappointment, but because it was so late in the season, flowers had already bloomed. Snow on flowers is definitely one of those unexpected treasures in my book.
Last night, Derek and I watched a movie called "It's kind of a funny story". It was a good movie but the thing that stood out to me was the moral of the story. It really reminds you to appreciate what you have.

"If you aren't busy being born, you're busy dying"

No comments:

Post a Comment