Thursday, May 5, 2011

Half Marathon # 1

As you can see, this is Derek's first half marathon. Not mine. My chosen title above is purposely misleading because in all honesty I wish that I was the cool one running these treacherous trails. Some people have it, some people don't. Being one of those in the latter category, I am grateful that Derek is not because I very much enjoy coming to these events and capturing the runners exhausted, yet satisfied faces.

 Before and After Shot


The next "Got Milk" ad


Yeah, he even sprinted the last stretch after running his first 13 miles straight at a very respectable speed.

This race was held at Thanksgiving Point, my place of work. So he got to run through our beautiful Gardens and Golf Course which was partially covered in snow at the time. Derek was pretty angry about the ridiculous April weather but fortunately it didnt effect much of the trail.
Below is Derek's ranking in the race. He was 73 of 900 runners. Pretty impressive.
Hopefully this will be the first of many races to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment