Thursday, March 17, 2011

To Duck or Not to Duck


Its almost that time of year again and the pet stores are adding their Easter Collection. For those of you who don't know, Derek loves ducks! He sees them as walking boats, which obviously fascinates him. So in April of last year i bought us two little ducks.


Marlon and Stella


Yes, they are incredibly adorable, but don't be fooled. They are very messy, stinky and noisy. Regardless of these terrible farm animal traits, they were the best pets ever and they would follow us all around the yard. It was the cutest thing.




These two little stinkers road tripped with Remmy (my old car) and I all the way to California. I tought them how to swim in my moms pool, watched their little fuzzies turn into white fluffy feathers, and heard their peeps turn into quacks.




If it were'nt for the tragic way in which we lost Marlon and Stella, I might be tempted to get more duckies this year. But i think the better decision would be to wait until Derek gets me that pond he promised.


No comments:

Post a Comment