Monday, November 25, 2013

CAT not so POWERful



My heart felt a little broken after this show


Cat Power has been my melancholy go-to
for about 6 years now. 
I used to spend my sad, confused, mellow, sappy, stressed, and even peaceful nights
falling asleep to the serene voice of Chan Marshall



Around the time I bought the tickets to this show
I discovered her brand new album called "Sun"
It is a bit different than her usual style
but I loved it! 
While discovering this new album, I also discovered
the "new" Cat Power. 
Not such a great sight. 
She was literally unrecognizable.
I made the mistake of watching an interview with her
that made me worry about the result of her upcoming show. 
Rightfully so....





I just want to preface with....
Chan Marshall is an amazing artist, and that rang true 
through this entire show. 
Her voice is absolutely amazing
 and the songs, that she actually made it through, were perfect.
That being said....
She has some major issues. 
Watching the show... all you are thinking was...
 "what and how many drugs is she on?"

After doing some research I found out that 
this was not the first disastrous show. 
In fact, I think it went really well considering some past performances. 
It was really heart breaking to see someone that you look up to
and that you have this beautiful image of in your mind, 
experience sort of a mental breakdown.
Not only in public, but in front of the people who think the most of her. 
Many moments of the show were just painful to sit through. 
Eventually we became literally terrified to talk or even move
in her presence. 
She was yelling and swearing at all of us. 
She was forgetting lines
and pausing to read her notes in the middle of songs. 

Luckily we got a couple great videos
that make it easy to pretend the show was more enjoyable. 



I do not regret coming to this show... 
but I will say that I don't think I will ever listen to her music in the way


See the difference for yourself.....


She explains things a little in this one...






No comments:

Post a Comment