Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A New Life

Regrettably I did not get any good pics of her before her new life. I didn't think about it until I had already started reupholstering and I didn't want to lose all that hard work. So you will have to use your imagination with the tiny corner you can see in the pic below. 

I found her at the DI of course. And, to be honest I quite liked her the way she was despite everyone else's terrible comments. She was faded and had a few tears that didn't take to my superb sewing skills but I still loved her. Derek did not. Thus, I gave her a new life!

I found the fabric at DI and it just so happened to be exactly what I wanted. The DI loves me! Tucking and cutting was a cinch but soon I discovered the issues with the awkward loops hanging on the edges. So I had to come up with this weird triangle design that was a huge pain but actually turned out quite perfect.
Derek sanded the arms down for me, and I stained them. Viola!

As you can see I left the back open. I had plenty of fabric left to cover it and I even bought cute little bronze upholstery tacks. I just couldn't bring myself to cover it. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment