Thursday, November 3, 2011

Decades of Obsession



Is it just me, or are there other people out there who find themselves dreaming about the past? Now I'm not meaning my past, but just the past in general, the past that I personally have never see. And will never see. Maybe that is precisely what the problem is, knowing that something so foreign and unique is so completely out of reach to me. We always want what we can't have, right? 

What I want is to live in each decade of the past. There are so many things from each time period that I find fascinating, and I just want to experience it. Yes I do realize that most of my obsession probably comes from movies and glorified ideas of what each decade was really about, but I still want to find out for myself. Just like our generation, I'm sure there was good and bad.

So my plan to overcome this obsession is to find ways to make my life more like the decades of the past. Of course I only plan to incorporate the wonderful things, considering that those are the things that began this whole fiasco. Not things like war and depression. It may not be very realistic, but it is my reality. I mean, truthfully, why do we continue to watch Pearl Harbor every time we see it on the guide? Not because we love watching people sink in ships, but because It's glamorous, romantic, and so very different from our simple lives. So until someone makes me a time machine, I will share with you each of my decade obsessions, and how I plan to incorporate them into my life on my new blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment