Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Oh, The Colors of Fall

Our beautiful Sunday drive through Alpine Loop. One of the many "Annual Jensen Family Traditions" that I have been lucky enough to join. This tradition is shared with many other Utahns as well, because Utah is so gorgeous in the fall. 
Growing up in Southern California, where it jumps from summer to winter, I really appreciate the changing seasons that we get here in Utah. All the colors on the mountains are so vibrant that they almost don't look real. Sometimes I imagine planes flying by and dropping buckets of paint along the mountains.






One of my favorite parts of this drive is seeing all of the quaking aspen. They are such a unique looking tree.  As much as I hate to admit it, lately I have been loving all the carvings on them. Fancying myself a sort of tree hugger and all, I do feel bad about this new obsession.




No comments:

Post a Comment